Sheeple (a portmanteau of “sheep” and “people”) is a term of disparagement in which people are likened to sheep, a herd animal. The term is used to describe those who voluntarily acquiesce to a suggestion without critical analysis or research. By doing so, they undermine their own individuality and may willingly give up their rights. — Wikipedia
- Introduction – Kids may rationalize, peer pressure, beg, bribe, bully, guilt, or resort to any number of other tactics.
- Conspiracy Theory – The members need not know each other or the part played by others.
- Dumbing Down – Dumbed-down texts too easy, too simple, too boring.
- Information Control – “The War of the Worlds” led thousands of listeners to believe that the planet earth had been invaded by Martians!
- Obedience to Authority – Ultimately 65% of all of the “teachers” punished the “learners” to the maximum 450 volts.
- Herd Mentality – Researchers discovered that it takes a minority of just five per cent to influence a crowd’s direction.
- Mimicry – They began to imitate the aggressive actions they had previously observed.